- Treatment Options (chemo only, not HDC/SCR):
- CAF protocols
- What is the best order of treatment, (i.e.. chemo, rads, MRM,
HDC/SCR or MRM, chemo, rads, chemo)
- Radiation (the next most addressed topic)
- Radiation burns and skin care
- Prevention of skin breakdown
- Radiation combined with other therapies
- What to expect/Where should I go?
- Post treatment experiences
- Where to do HDC in treatment plan (i.e.. before, MRM, after rads,
- Should I do it?Who else has done it?
- Does it work?
- Chemo (all types) and:
- side effects
- Neuropathy and Taxotere
- Skin Mets
- what is it/What does it look like
- How to tell the difference between mets and other skin problems
- Tamoxifen and
- Side effects
- Blood clots
- Hot flashes
- Personal care
- Where to get wigs, bras, breast forms
- Hair, nails, personal grooming
- Should I wear a wig?
- Diet and vitamins
- Coping Strategies
- Emotional support
- Dealing with family/spouse/children
- IBC and:
- If its cancer it doesn't hurt
- Signs and symptoms
- Diagnosis and mammograms
- Lymphedema and
- Physical therapy
- Indwelling catheters
- PICC lines and Porta-caths
- Repeat insertions
- What to expect post-op
- Should I have a prophylactic MRM in the unaffected breast?
- And lyphedema
- Should medical staff take blood/blood pressure on affected side
- Pain management
- Alternative medicine and:
- Mexico clinics
- Use as adjunct therapy
- Is it of any use?
- Grieving and Coping Strategies
- Survival/How long do I have?
- What about the statistics on 5-year survival rates? Does that
apply to me?
- Experimental Research and Treatment Options
- Where to find out about them
- Do I qualify?